Saturday, November 24, 2018

Reading Notes:Myth-Folklore Unit:Russian Folktales, Part A



The story that stood out to me this week was “Emilian the Fool”. I loved the idea behind this story on how he is fool that is given luck and gets everything he wishes to happen happens. I would rewrite this story with similar plot where there is a man that everybody takes for a fool and runs across something that gives him luck. He would be taking care of his brothers’ wives and end up with a millionaire’s daughter. I like to keep happy ending, but I would also include something so that you know what happens to his brothers and wives for the original story had no such part. This is what I would do if I was to rewrite this story and make it my own.


Bibliography: Russian Fairy Tales by W. R. S. Ralston

No comments:

Post a Comment