Saturday, November 24, 2018

Reading Notes:Myth-Folklore Unit:Russian Folktales, Part B



The story that stood out to me this week was “The dog and the Corpse”. I Know exactly how I am going to rewrite this story. I will keep to the plot till the end, but it will be two people instead of a dog and a person. They will both be out for a late-night jog and they will be passing a cemetery and their will be a corpse that attacks them. One friend will fend it off while the other runs off. the one who fight will get away and be very angry at his friend and hold a grudge. He will then attempt to kill his friend for leaving him and be successful. This is where I change the story. He will try to make it look like and accident. Then his friend will haunt him till he confesses to what he has done. Then he will be sent to an asylum for no one will believe his reasoning for even killing his friend. This is what I plan to do for my version of the story.


Bibliography: Russian Fairy Tales by W. R. S. Ralston

No comments:

Post a Comment